To integrate Orcad schematics to Allegro PCB:
- Open Orcad Capture.
- Create a new schematic design by clicking File>New>Design or open your current schematic design by clicking File>Open>Design.
- Add symbols into your library by following our import guide here.
- To place symbols into your schematic go to your schematic design tab(*.dsn), click Place Part, click Add library, and navigate to your *.olb file.
- Once you have your schematic design finished, go to your project tab(*.opj), click the (+) button beside your *.dsn file, click the (+) to SCHEMATIC1 folder then click your schematic design, then click Tools>Create netlist.
- The netlist window will appear, under PCB Editor tab, under Options, determine the path where you want to save your netlist by clicking the 3 dots(…) under Netlist Files Directory, click OK.
**IMPORTANT: I suggest saving it to all in one folder where all your .olb, .dra, .pad and .psm are located.**
- Open Allegro PCB Designer.
- Go to Setup>User Preferences.
- Go to Paths>Library>Click the 3 dots (…) on the padpath row
- Add the path where your folder with the *.pad files are saved, click OK.
- Click the 3 dots (…) on the psmpath row.
- Add the path where your folder with the *.psm files are saved, click OK
- After setting up the paths needed, click OK.
- Go to File>Import>Logic
- The import logic window will appear. Under Import logic type, select Design entry CIS.
- Click the 3 dots (…) on the Import directory and select the path of the folder where you saved your netlist, click OK.
- Click Import Cadence.
- Wait until successful import.
- Now go to Place>Manually. The Placement window will show.
You will see all the parts from your schematics there. Select all the check boxes of those parts then place them on your board.